Thursday 25 April 2013

Guess who?


I combined afew challenges to make this layout, and I have to say Im really really happy with it... who would have thought confetti and triangles could be so inspiring?

I started with the Scrap Africa challenge for mid April - requirement is to use triangles, black and white photo/s and confetti. I chose this photo as it one of only a couple in black and white and decided I would also go with the "Guess who" theme over at Childs play challenge because the photo left me guessing who the other girl in the picture was (with my sister and I as kids) and got me thinking about childhood and all the people we meet and friends we lose along the way. I went looking for a sketch for inspiration and came across this one (shown below) from Scrapmuch. I went through my stash and stumbled on this gorgeous background paper ( I cant believe I bought it on sale not too long ago) and just had to use it as it went perfectly with the theme I wanted to portray. I added a cutout 'world' from a Birchcraft 'My holiday' paper and the other elements to satisfy the sketch, tossed on some confetti that I made using a star cut out punch and added some brads to satisfy the 'Brad Pitt - use brads' requirement at Red Carpet Studio Challenges. Unfortunately I was missing a letter or two in the right colour and had to wing it a little - my 's' made from two sixes has a bit of an ugly join, but no other colour worked so well!

Here is the sketch:

14 comments:

  1. Great photo and I love how you worked the required triangles into your LO!!! Thank you for playing along at Scrap Africa as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on all the challenges!!! Just a super fun layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all that black outlining. Thanks for playing along with us at Child's play challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the black highlights! Nice job! Thanks for joining us at Red Carpet Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job on combining all those challenges! Thanks for playing along with RCS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super layout...love that sweet photo and the great triangle banner! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Words cannot express my thanks to you for taking part in my challenge. I really do appreciate it!! Your layout is just GORGEOUS. Rene' from Scrap Africa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that's a great use of Guess Who?!!! Love the silhouette at the bottom. Glad you played along at Child's Play Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! And very clever :). Thanks for playing at Scrap Africa :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, another great layout Renee, love the little banner! Thanks for playing along at Child’s Play Challenges =) Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful selection of colors (just like I like) and a very nice photo!
    Thank you very much for playing along with Scrap Africa blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just wonderful! Love the colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabulous, love the way your did your title! thanks for sharing with us at ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the soft colours and love the journalling and impact of the title! So glad to have you playing along with us at ScrapMuch?!!!

    ReplyDelete