Monday 6 May 2013

Kraft it up May challenge - A love story

I dont have a single vintage photo of my own, but whilst perusing my photos I found a few blurred shots from Mayerling, Austria. We toured there in 2009 and I became fascinated with the tragic story of the deaths which had occurred there. I really wanted to include this story in my travel album but the photos (of the memorial) just didnt do it any justice. I remembered the Kraft it up vintage challenge and thought that I could print a few pictures from the internet which would help tell the story better, as well as allow me to enter this challenge and above is the result! Photos were sourced from Wikipedia: The Mayerling incident. 
Layout was made using Kraft Funday cardstock, MME Lost and found union rd collection and Kaisercraft "check in" embellishments.

3 comments:

  1. these photos and the story are very suitable for the vintage challenge at KIU! well done on the challenge and thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea! Fabulous layout...thanks for playing over @ KIU :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your idea capturing this story... so interesting and a very original take on the KIU challenge! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete